Thursday, March 22, 2012

Changing the column color depending on a dynamic date

Hi, I have a series of columns which I need to be able to change the
background color of dynamically depending on a date which is computed
dynamically when the report is created.
I a using a textbox to display the dynamically calculated date
(e.g. =DateAdd(DateInterval.Day,5,Today).ToString("dd-MMM") )
But I cannot seem to reference this textbox object at runtime.
I also need to know how to get the actual dayname given the calculated
date above.
Any ideas about how I can do this'
Thanks
MarkusOn Apr 11, 7:19 pm, Markus...@.gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I have a series of columns which I need to be able to change the
> background color of dynamically depending on a date which is computed
> dynamically when the report is created.
> I a using a textbox to display the dynamically calculated date
> (e.g. =DateAdd(DateInterval.Day,5,Today).ToString("dd-MMM") )
> But I cannot seem to reference this textbox object at runtime.
> I also need to know how to get the actual dayname given the calculated
> date above.
> Any ideas about how I can do this'
> Thanks
> Markus
You should use something like this in a new dataset that populates a
hidden report parameter:
SELECT DATENAME(DW, GETDATE())
Then reference the hidden parameter as part of the table's column
background property. Something like this should work:
=iif(Parameters!HiddenParameterName.Value = "Monday", "Red", "White")
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||On Apr 12, 1:07 pm, "EMartinez" <emartinez...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 7:19 pm, Markus...@.gmail.com wrote:
>
>
> > Hi, I have a series of columns which I need to be able to change the
> > background color of dynamically depending on a date which is computed
> > dynamically when the report is created.
> > I a using a textbox to display the dynamically calculated date
> > (e.g. =DateAdd(DateInterval.Day,5,Today).ToString("dd-MMM") )
> > But I cannot seem to reference this textbox object at runtime.
> > I also need to know how to get the actual dayname given the calculated
> > date above.
> > Any ideas about how I can do this'
> > Thanks
> > Markus
> You should use something like this in a new dataset that populates a
> hidden report parameter:
> SELECT DATENAME(DW, GETDATE())
> Then reference the hidden parameter as part of the table's column
> background property. Something like this should work:
> =iif(Parameters!HiddenParameterName.Value = "Monday", "Red", "White")
> Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant- Hide quoted text -
> - Show quoted text -
Thanks Enrique, I will give that a shot
Cheers
Markus|||On Apr 12, 5:00 pm, Markus...@.gmail.com wrote:
> On Apr 12, 1:07 pm, "EMartinez" <emartinez...@.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 11, 7:19 pm, Markus...@.gmail.com wrote:
> > > Hi, I have a series of columns which I need to be able to change the
> > > background color of dynamically depending on a date which is computed
> > > dynamically when the report is created.
> > > I a using a textbox to display the dynamically calculated date
> > > (e.g. =DateAdd(DateInterval.Day,5,Today).ToString("dd-MMM") )
> > > But I cannot seem to reference this textbox object at runtime.
> > > I also need to know how to get the actual dayname given the calculated
> > > date above.
> > > Any ideas about how I can do this'
> > > Thanks
> > > Markus
> > You should use something like this in a new dataset that populates a
> > hidden report parameter:
> > SELECT DATENAME(DW, GETDATE())
> > Then reference the hidden parameter as part of the table's column
> > background property. Something like this should work:
> > =iif(Parameters!HiddenParameterName.Value = "Monday", "Red", "White")
> > Hope this helps.
> > Regards,
> > Enrique Martinez
> > Sr. Software Consultant- Hide quoted text -
> > - Show quoted text -
> Thanks Enrique, I will give that a shot
> Cheers
> Markus
You're welcome. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment