Thursday, March 22, 2012

Changing the ConnectionString property for a File Connection Manager

I have a package that I plan to run against about 700 databases to look for anomalies. I have several package variables in place that are passed in at runtime. One of them will hold the path and filename of the error log for the current database in process. I want each database to generate it's own error log for documentation and research purposes. However, when I run the package, it continues to use the path and filename that I entered when I created the File Connection Manager. I am trying to update that value in a Script Task by using the ConnectionManager class and setting the value for the "ConnectionString" property. This method is working for the OLEDB Connection Manager (which tells the package which Access database to process), but not for my File Connection Manager. Please help!

DO

Don't try and use a script task to do this. Use expressions: http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson/archive/2006/03/11/3063.aspx

-Jamie

|||Thanks, you've done it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment