Thursday, March 22, 2012

Changing table relationships

We have a merge replication db that we have to drop a table index, add a
different index and change the relationships in one table. Will the laptops
pick up all of this or do I have to re-create the snapshot and also the
subscription? Thanks.
p.s. I assume I can't do this in EM?
David
for both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 when you can't replicated these sorts of
schema changes.
I think you will have to drop the subscriptions and publications, make the
changes and try again.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"David C" <dlchase@.lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
news:uv$gS77xHHA.4300@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> We have a merge replication db that we have to drop a table index, add a
> different index and change the relationships in one table. Will the
> laptops pick up all of this or do I have to re-create the snapshot and
> also the subscription? Thanks.
> p.s. I assume I can't do this in EM?
> David
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment