Sunday, March 25, 2012

Changing the default stored procedure template (In MS-SQLSMStudio)

Well, the topic says it all, really.

I edit my stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Management Studio 9.00.2047, but whenever I click 'New Stored Procedure..' it coughs up some default and useless thing.

So I started looking how to change this but I can't find the -right- place. I have found a couple of files on my disk called 'Create Stored Procedure (New Menu).sql' - however altering these files does nothing for the default SP.

The template explorer happily lets me EDIT the same file, sadly the edits don't actually have any effect either.

Anyone?

i can edit the Template and add a new template in my scenario.... Just go to the template Press Right Button Select Edit do the modification as u want press the save button and close it...

Madhu

|||

Sadly, that doesn't work.

I can edit the template from the template explorer, sure. But saves don't affect the template my system actually uses. Useless.

I found my own solution though, although not as elegant. I edited the file:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\sqlworkbenchprojectitems\Sql\Stored Procedure\Create Stored Procedure (New Menu).sql

And Presto.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment