Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Changing the Sender in XP_Sendmail

Is is possible to change the sender when using XP_Sendmail? I am sending a
notification that reports are available in reporting services in a single
email and want to change the sender from SQLSERVICEADMIN to something users
will recgonize easily.
Thanks for the help!!
Anthonyanthonysjo wrote:

> Is is possible to change the sender when using XP_Sendmail? I am
> sending a notification that reports are available in reporting
> services in a single email and want to change the sender from
> SQLSERVICEADMIN to something users will recgonize easily.
You could use xp_smtp_sendmail (see http://www.aspfaq.com/2403)
HTH,
Stijn Verrept.|||Yes, I had found reference to that but my DBA's will push heavily on not
installing it. Is there another way?
"Stijn Verrept" wrote:

> anthonysjo wrote:
>
>
> You could use xp_smtp_sendmail (see http://www.aspfaq.com/2403)
> --
> HTH,
> Stijn Verrept.
>|||As I know there is no way using the "friendly" name within XP_sendmail.
Once I had a commandline program which was able to send also via SMTP.
But this could be easily reprogrammed in .NET or another programming
language covering the same functionality. If you are interested in,
just send me a mail.
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment