Thursday, March 29, 2012

Changing the spinningwheel.gif

Has anyone had any luck changing the default spinningwheel.gif icon that
displays as a report is being generated?Hi,
I'm converting many many Access reports into a Reporting Services project.
Some of these reports are form letters with a lot of meticulously formatted
static text. The conversion performed by Reporting Services recreates the
report inside a List, as if the List groups the whole thing together.
In order to make some of the text look nice, I created a table that contains
no expressions other than plain text for the sole purpose of helping to ease
the alignment of many text blocks. This works fine in the Layout pane.
However, when I go to Preview it, I get this error:
"The table 'table1' is in a list that has no group expressions defined for
it. To use a data region in a list, the list must have group expressions."
To this I thought, fine, I'll take some time to remove everything from the
outside containing List and reassemble all the pieces (lines, text blocks,
etc.) so they look as I want. This worked ok until Preview, which produced
no errors but resulted in a horrible display - lines that met perfectly in
layout were no longer aligned, etc. The whole thing kind of exploded. When
I previewed before, with everything in the List, but without the table, the
preview looked perfect.
If I can get that table of plain text to work, I'll be very happy. Any
suggestions to circumventing the error above?
Many thanks in advance,
Mark|||Did you ever find a solution for this? I am attempting the same thing and am getting the exact same problem.
Thanks
From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2006_4_0_0_732976/Changing-the-spinningwheel-gif.ht
Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment