Sunday, March 25, 2012

changing the internet port number of MS RS Server

I tried to change the MS RS Server port from 80 to let's say 8080. But when
going back to MS RS home page I have an error page from MS RS with the
following message :
"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
server."
I can't solve this
Could anybody help me.
Regards,
PS: OS is Win2K all Windows Updates, and IIS5Make sure to update the url in RSWebapplication.config to use the new port.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"jcredk" <jcredk@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2F53430B-20F3-4BB4-A51F-2E60F5074592@.microsoft.com...
> I tried to change the MS RS Server port from 80 to let's say 8080. But
when
> going back to MS RS home page I have an error page from MS RS with the
> following message :
> "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
> server."
> I can't solve this
> Could anybody help me.
> Regards,
> PS: OS is Win2K all Windows Updates, and IIS5
>|||Hi,
Thanks a lot that was the key I was searching.
Quick test has worked. I was accessing the homepage for reports ..!
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" wrote:
> Make sure to update the url in RSWebapplication.config to use the new port.
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "jcredk" <jcredk@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2F53430B-20F3-4BB4-A51F-2E60F5074592@.microsoft.com...
> > I tried to change the MS RS Server port from 80 to let's say 8080. But
> when
> > going back to MS RS home page I have an error page from MS RS with the
> > following message :
> > "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
> > server."
> >
> > I can't solve this
> >
> > Could anybody help me.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > PS: OS is Win2K all Windows Updates, and IIS5
> >
>
>|||I try this,
but now i have a blank default page, with no poosibility ton configure
anything,
i have just Home, My subscription, help menu
no menu to add directory or ton configure security.
I have forgotten something ?
Thanks.
Bruno
"jcredk" wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks a lot that was the key I was searching.
> Quick test has worked. I was accessing the homepage for reports ..!
> "Daniel Reib [MSFT]" wrote:
> > Make sure to update the url in RSWebapplication.config to use the new port.
> >
> > --
> > -Daniel
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> >
> >
> > "jcredk" <jcredk@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:2F53430B-20F3-4BB4-A51F-2E60F5074592@.microsoft.com...
> > > I tried to change the MS RS Server port from 80 to let's say 8080. But
> > when
> > > going back to MS RS home page I have an error page from MS RS with the
> > > following message :
> > > "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
> > > server."
> > >
> > > I can't solve this
> > >
> > > Could anybody help me.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > PS: OS is Win2K all Windows Updates, and IIS5
> > >
> >
> >
> >|||Did you try to reset iis using command IISReset ?
Most of the times simply restarting IIS does not force IIS to read/reflect
registry or config changes.
I had same problem on CRM server using SRS after changing some of IIS
configuration, this trick resolved it.
"jcredk" wrote:
> I tried to change the MS RS Server port from 80 to let's say 8080. But when
> going back to MS RS home page I have an error page from MS RS with the
> following message :
> "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
> server."
> I can't solve this
> Could anybody help me.
> Regards,
> PS: OS is Win2K all Windows Updates, and IIS5
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment