Thursday, March 29, 2012

Changing the text for the Document Map top level node

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the text on the top node of the Document Map? I was looking for a property in the Visual Studio designer or a property I could set programmatically but I couldn't find either.

The text on the top node is the file name of my Microsoft report. That is, the report file name isSalesRepOrderDetail.rdlc and the Document Map top node text isSalesRepOrderDetail. It looks pretty unpolished.

Thanks!

Black Cat Bone

I found it. In designer, expand theLocalReport property for the report viewer control and assign a string to theDisplayName property. This becomes the text on the Document Map's top node.

The code equivalent is: ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DisplayName = "Top Node Text";

|||

Thank,

How can I bring the DisplayName into the report, for example I want to show

the DisplayName in the footer of the report too.

No comments:

Post a Comment