Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Changing the report parameters or data sources to the values you specified is not allowed

I have a report I want to modify and when I go to deploy it I get:

Changing the report parameters or data sources to the values you specified is not allowed. The report is configured to run unattended. Using the specified values would prevent the unattended processing of this report

Now I understand the error, it is because on the report server's web management interface I entered credentials for the report to run that point to a custom datasource and supplied the appropriate credentials to run the report.

However, I don't want to have to reconfigure that just to deploy a slightly modified version of the report.

How can I get around this? Or what is the proper work around? I just want to change the background color from dark gray to light gray on a header column.... Smile

Thanks!

Hello,

It seems that other modifications might have been made to the report. Try to get the latest version from the report server, modify the header column's color, and try to re-deploy.

Go to your report in Report Manager and click on the Properties tab. In the General section, click on the Edit link, it will ask you to save the RDL file. This is the report file as it is on the RS server. Navigate to where your RDL files are stored on your development box and replace the report with the one you got from the RS server. Open your VS project and make your change.

Hope this helps.

Jarret

|||

I'll have to try that thanks.

Question for you as well, when I do that will it keep all the settings that report has like execution schedules, history, etc..?

Or does all that get lost when I re-deploy the report to the server?

Also what about security settings for the report?

If I set the report to be viewable by HR Management only, will I have to redo that once I overwrite the report by re-deploying that or is that all preserved?

(If it IS preserved is it preserved in the report itself or just on the report server where those properties point to the report by the name of the report?)

Thanks!

|||

Another option is to create a specific HR-only shared data source, specify the credentials -there-, and build reports off of it, then you don't need to supply credentials for each report.

Then limit access to that datasource to only HR personnel.

Then in your SSRS Project Properties, change 'OverwriteDataSources' to False. Then you can specify credentials on the server once, and each time you deploy your project, they don't get erased by the deployment process.

The execution schedules, permissions, and history settings remain the same after deployment. The only thing that will get wiped out is the credentials.

Hope this helps,

Geof

|||

That does make sense, I'll have to do that.

Thanks for the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment