Sunday, March 25, 2012

Changing the language in the Report Builder interface

Hi @. all,

I work on a german Windows environment and use the Report Builder. For showing details in their it is necessary to switch the German interface in Report Builder into English.

I already tried to change my environment into English but it even after a restart it did not change the Report Builder interface....
I also tried to search all the XML-files for a language setting - with no success....

Does anyone know how to do this? Would be very helpful....!

Thanks in advance,

Jochen

Schliff, in your report click an empty area then go to the properties window and there is a language settings-this allows you to set your language preference.

|||

First: thanks for the answer :-)

Second: it does not work ;-(

Maybe my explanation wasn't precise enough: I'm talking about the Report Builder on the Report Server, which is controlled and used via Internet Explorer....

Are we talking about the same or did I misunderstood something?

Jochen

|||

So let me get this..

you have a report, which is published in german but you want to view the published report in english...

if so cant you just go to Tools and Options and select English as the language in IE?

|||

Well - that works excellent!

Sometimes solutions are that easy - hard to believe that one does not try these first

Thank you very much, great work....

Jochen

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment